I don’t know what is it about muffins, but everything tastes fuckin’ better when cooked in a muffin tin. Delicious sweet blueberry muffins. Egg and bacon baskets. An eggplant mini-cup stuffed with cheese and tomato… Damn I’m hungry now!
I could go on forever!! Anyway, it was too much fucking time since I last used my muffin tin. So while I’m continuing to eat fried chicken (especially spicy wings.) at the most unusual hours, when I’m home I’m snacking on these delicious… yeah you guessed it… MUFFINS!
I know the colour might be a little frightening, this greenish tint is not very muffin-like, but be strong my friends because they are SOOOO GOOD! So? What are you waiting for? Go out in your garden and start gathering some basil leaves right now! Or got to the store and buy a basil PLANT for heaven’s sake, you can’t afford the lack of one in spring/summer time.
If you like to add some extra to this recipe, I would recommend sun-dried tomatoes chopped finely or even anchovies if you like them! Now, enough with the chitter-chatter, I will shut up and give you the recipe 😀 Beware, it’s so easy it is almost ridiculous.
Green Muffins are NOT Radioactive
While cookin’ listen to:
Drink: Melon Margarita – because is fuckin’ green! XD
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 egg
- 5-6 medium basil leaves, chopped finely
- Preheat your oven at 350° F (180° C)
- Mix together flours, baking powder, salt and pepper
- Add to the flour mixture all the other ingredients and mix well
- Bake in your muffin tin at 350° F (180° C) for 20-25 minutes
- Wasn’t I right? This is so ridiculously easy I’m almost ashamed XD
Now for the final touches:
- Calories: 143 per muffin
- Fridge: it will keep 2-3 days
- Freezable: yes!
- Next day: good ❤
- Cold: not too cold. Take them out of the fridge in advance
- Hot: let them cool before eating 🙂
- Re-heating: microwaveable yes, but I don’t see any particular reason to do so…
- Made by: Eli
- Recipe inspired by: runningtothekitchen.com