Lately I’ve been working part-time at Burger King. I won’t lie, I know it sounds crazy as fuck, but I really like working there!! Of course, since I’m bloody unlucky, after maybe 5 days they had to cut the expenses, so this week I’m not working. I hope for the next one.
This being said, of course these last days I ate more fast food and less salads than usual. Normally I mostly live on veggies and fruits 5-6 days a week, I just love them XD Now I have my freezer stuffed with leftovers whoppers (yes, you can freeze them! They keep really good, just know that the salad WILL get soggy…) and I ate too much fried chicken in the long night shifts XD
So when they told I don’t have any damn shift at least until monday, I went shopping and bought TWO BAGS full of seasonal fruit and too many veggies for one person. This is a basic salad I cooked taking out random veggies from the bags. I wanted to add a touch of something different so I improvised this spicy ranch dressing – it came out CRAZY DELICIOUS, I am a fucking genius. It’s obvious now!
Spicy Colourful Salad
While cookin’ listen to:
- 200 grams mix of green salads of your choice
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 eggplant
- 1 garlic clove (fresh)
For the spicy ranch sauce:
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tbs parlsey
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- optional toppings: olives, feta cheese
- Chop the eggplant into 1/2 inch-sized dice and stir fry in a pan with a tbs of olive oil and a pinch of salt. They are slow to cook through, if you prefer you can put them in a baking tray with a sprinkle of olive oil and salt on top and bake them in the oven at 200 for about 10 minutes 🙂 They are delicious both ways!
- Chop the bell pepper into strips
- Mix the green salads, eggplant and bell pepper. Add olives and/or feta cheese if you want and adjust with salt and pepper
- For the spicy-ranch sauce: chop roughly jalapeno and garlic and blend all the sauce ingredients with a stand mixer. Pour on salad and enjoy!!
Now for the final touches:
- Calories: 117 per portion – without toppings
- Fridge: it will keep 2-3 days
- Freezable: nope
- Next day: still very good
- Cold: good!
- Hot: don’t do it…
- Re-heating: NOOOOOOOO!
- Made by: Eli
One thought on “Not Fried Chicken.”
Another fab recipe but what is Spritz? Is it a spritzer (white wine and soda water/lemonade thingy)? 🙂