[NO SPOILERS] Yesterday evening we went to watch Deadpool. It was the last day in theatres and there were SO MANY PEOPLE we couldn’t have 3 seats in a row! 😀
The movie was fucking hilarious, we won’t pinpoint anything specific in case someone reading this haven’t seen it, yet. Just be sure to watch the initial titles, the ending titles, and the final scene after those.
Keep in mind that is NOT a movie for kids, definitely not. And we’re not talking about the violence, which is actually not a lot, even tho the fights are pretty cool! All the theatre was laughing out loud most of the time, so funny!
Also, the soundtrack was pretty awesome, well played Marvel, well played!!
Now let’s talk about these muffins. They are absolutely AMAZING, providing you like apples and cinnamon. Because that is what they’re all made of, with a minimum of other things thrown in to prevent them from being just a bowl of cooked apples 😀
There’s nothing wrong with a bowl of cooked apples, actually.
So they are super moist, super skinny, super healthy (you can even use whole wheat flour instead of regular flour), and weight a ton because it’s all apples inside! You know the light and fluffy (and delicious) texture of cupcakes? Totally opposite! This is heavy metal stuff, bitches!
There is even applesauce instead of half of the sugars, just to add some more appley flavour. And believe us, they smell so good while baking that you’ll have a very difficult time waiting for them to be ready and not searing hot! You can probably top them with some whipped cream but we liked them simple.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Listen to: Wham! – Careless whisper
Drink: Apple cider – because LOL
- 1 + 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon, powdered
- 2 + 1/2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 + 1/2 tbs applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 apples, peeled and finely diced
- Preheat oven at 390° F (200° C)
- Mix together flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon
- Add egg, milk, oil and applesauce and mix well
- Add the apples and mix everything together
- Bake at 390° F (200° C) for 30 minutes
Now for the final touches:
- Calories: 165 each
- Fridge: 3 days
- Freezable: yes
- Next day: really good
- Cold: still good
- Hot: the best way to enjoy them is a little warm
- Re-heating: yes but not too much, or they get mushy. Just put in microwave for 30 seconds (or 1 minute if they were in the fridge)