Don’t you absolutely love themed parties? They are the perfect excuse to go fishing in the bottom of your closet for accessories you NEVER use, dress up like a total loony and experiment with crazy makeup items. Then be complimented for your style!!
In the last years we had the chance to dress up as a lot of really fun things, and we’re not even counting Halloween:
- Rockstars from the ’80s – this was a birthday party, where we decided to hire a Limo for an hour and then walk around the city. We were a group of 10-12 maybe, and some tourists asked to take pictures with us! We replicated the look for the end-of-season party of a club 😀
- Punk night – another birthday party, we went dancing pretty good rock music that night
- Free people/Hippie dinner – and yes, another birthday party!! You guessed it! We were probably 12-13 and went to a pub to have dinner and cake. We baked the cake and it was SOOO coloured 😀 Will post pictures!
- ’90s & mardi gras party – this time the event was organised by the club and not by ourselves. You could choose if you wanted to dress up as ’90s or for carnival!! This time only 4 of us went but it was crazy fun anyway! One of us could even find real original accessories in her closet, and the other one went in pajamas (most comfortable dancing night ever)
- the men hen party – we already talked a bit about this. For a hen party all us 10 women dressed up as men, with some real astounding results!! We got asked for pictures again, one man also said we looked like an impressionistic piece of art!
- the ’80s Miami Vice party – this is the last one! Saturday night we went to a really big event inspired by Miami Vice world. They even distributed inflatable flamingos and microphones and there was a show of roller girls! So cool! We wore our most coloured and neon pieces 😀
- There are also various events inspired by the ’50s, but it’s been some years since we went to the last one…
So yeah, now that you know all the weird and funny ways we walked around, and you surely are hoping NOT to meet us, like NEVER, you should also know this doesn’t have anything to do with today’s recipe.
These are simple and very healthy muffins. Let’s be honest, they are not the most flavourful muffins in the world but they ARE healthy and skinny, super fast to whip up and perfect with sweet toppings or savoury meals.
In fact, they are not overly sweet so you can pair them with, for example, cream+fruit, butter and jam (not so skinny anymore) or with a crunchy salad, meat dish, etc…
Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins
Listen to: Cindy Lauper – Girls just want to have fun
Drink: Weiss beer – It just goes SO WELL with whole wheat
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tbs dry yeast
- 1/6 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven at 350° F (180° C)
- Mix together flour, salt, yeast, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Add sugar, milk, egg and potatoes
- Just fill those muffin tins and bake them at 350° F (180° C) for 20 minutes! You rocked this!!
- We said they were easy and quick, right?
Now for the final touches:
- Calories: 120 each
- Fridge: they will keep 3 days
- Freezable: yes
- Next day: still good, maybe even better
- Cold: not too good, bring them to room temperature before eating
- Hot: when they are warm you can smell the cinnamon, a LOT!
- Re-heating: Yeah!