Banana bread seems to be a great classic in american home cooking. It’s not really known in Italy, or Europe in general. But why not? We really really like bananas!! So bring it on!
Anyway it’s an easy and healthy recipe, it comes together in a really short time and it tastes delicious! It’s clearly intended for breakfast buuuuut… we also served this for dessert after dinner, just topping each slice with a bit of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce! Anarchy at dinner \m/
Banana bread is a really good option if you don’t have lot of time or energy in the morning, just take a slice and munch on it while drinking coffee, or dip it IN the coffee if you like it!
Listen to: Wham! – Wake me up before you go-go
Drink: Rum shot – this recipe is so fast you won’t have time for anything else
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (unsalted, room temperature. I know, nobody EVER takes it out of the fridge in time)
- 1 egg
- 2 bananas (the riper the better!)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven at 350° F (180° C)
- Whip together butter and sugar, until it’s creamy, let’s say around 5 minutes
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas with a fork or anything else you’ve got around. Like, punching them is a good alternative
- Add bananas and egg to your butter mixture and mix them nicely
- Fill with the mixture your favorite baking tin. You should know if you are choosing a very big plumcake one, you have to double the ingredients. Also, it’s a good idea to line the tin with baking paper or spray it with non-stick spray, you choose!
- Bake at 350° F (180° C) for 1 hour, depending on your oven it may be ready after 45 minutes, just check around minutes 45 and 55 to see if the top starts to brown too much. It shouldn’t get darker than a deep caramel color
Now for the final touches:
- Calories: 1510 for the entire loaf! That means each slice is around only 150…
- Fridge: keeps good for 3-4 days
- Freezable: yes!
- Next day: yummy
- Cold: yummy
- Hot: superyummy
- Re-heating: just put it in the microwave, although cold is good so there is no need. 20-30 seconds max, or it will become dry!